Saturday, October 31, 2015

Roasted Pumpkin Seeds--A Halloween Tradition




Every year my family and I go out to the pumpkin patch and then roast the pumpkin seeds once we're done carving our jack 'o lanterns.

They are yummy plain or added to a salad. My personal favorite is a goat cheese-dried cranberry-Cajun roasted pumpkin seed salad with a honey balsmic dressing.

Here's how I roast my pumpkin seeds:

IMPORTANT: Use a low temp on the oven, around 290F.

Ingredients


Seeds of one medium sized pumpkin
1 tsp sea salt (try to use the best salt you can)
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
1 1/2 tbsp butter

Instructions



1.Preheat your oven and rinse your seeds.

2.Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix.

3.Roast for roughly 20 minutes, checking frequently to ensure they aren't burning.


They come out of the oven looking something like this...

No comments:

Post a Comment