Thursday, October 8, 2015

Bite of the Moon: Between Two Wolves is LIVE!

Take a Bite of the Moon
Between Two Wolves by Catherine Vale

The first book in the Bite of the Moon collection is live and ready for you. Again, Bite of the Moon books share the theme of telling stories about people who've been bitten and turned into shifters.

If you've ever wished a hunky shifter would bite you, don't miss these books.

(The second story in the series is my book Moon's Law which comes out next week.)





Having your throat cut has a way of changing a girl...so does being bitten by one of your two lovers.

99 cents or f-r-e-e in KU.

Amazon US

Amazon UK

Amazon CA



EXCERPT

“I’m Colt.” I thought I heard an accent, not Canadian, certainly not American. He leaned across the space between us, hand extended. I hesitated, and then reached out, fingers just brushing his. I scooted forward a little more, and that's when I lost my balance.

I slipped off the rock, going face first under water. For a minute, the world was very hot, and very murky. Water went in my mouth, and up my nose, the odd taste of minerals heavy on my tongue. I flailed for a moment, unable to get a grip on anything solid, unable to get my footing in the small pool. Then a hand grabbed my upper arm, pulling me out of the water.

Sputtering, I finally drew a breath that wasn't full of water. I blinked, and spit out a mouthful of warm water. It tasted bitter, metallic. The guy pulled me up onto his lap with a strength I found quite surprising, more than a little alarming, but strangely appealing. I wiped the last of the water out of my eyes, coughing. I was sitting on this stranger's lap.

There could be worse places to end up after falling into the pool though. He wrapped an arm around my waist, pulling me against his chest. I was at a loss as to what to do with my hands, just barely resisting the urge to run my fingers through all that chest hair. I finally ended up with my hands folded primly in my lap. If my heart had been beating hard before, now it practically shook my body with every beat.

“You okay?”

I nodded. “Yeah. Just embarrassed. I'm not usually this clumsy.”

“It's okay,” he chuckled, and I was immediately captivated by the sparkle in his eyes. “Do over? I’m Colt.” He held out his free hand. I took it, shook it, pulled away...but he held on. “And you are?”

“I'm Risha. Rish to my friends.”

“Can I call you Rish then? Do I qualify for friend status yet? I did save your life, after all.”

“You did. And you do. So, yes, Rish is fine.”

“Or Red. I think you look like a Red.” He reached up, fingering a strand of my hair between his fingers.

I stared at him. A flash of resentment at that old name rose up, but I bit back my retort, and looked closely at his face. There was no malice in those dark eyes, obviously nothing intended, other than him looking at my hair, at the strand wound around his fingers. But I was a little freaked out by the intimate gesture, even if it seemed innocent.

“Yeah. I've been called Red.” In the past. But I didn't add that. I was moving on, and he sure wasn't part of my past, although I wasn’t sure right now what he was, or what he really wanted. Or what I was doing.

“It suits you. You look like a Red.”

I cocked an eyebrow. “And what does a Red look like?”

He tugged gently on my hair. “I bet when this is dry it blazes like fire.” His eyes moved
languidly to mine. “And I bet you're just as fiery.”

The hand on my waist slipped down to my hip. My t-shirt had ridden up, and his fingers brushed over my bare skin. I gasped, then coughed to cover the sound.

Colt let go of the strand of hair and reached up to touch my cheek. “You okay? Do you need mouth to mouth, or anything?”

I had no choice but to laugh. “Do you think it's a little late to ask? I'm talking, and...” His fingers slipped to the nape of my neck. “...breathing...” I might be breathing, but those breaths were coming in short little gasps. His eyes moved slowly from mine, down to my lips. I swallowed hard.

“Yeah. But, you know...” He pulled me closer. “Better safe than sorry.”


99 cents or f-r-e-e in KU.

Amazon US

Amazon UK

Amazon CA

No comments:

Post a Comment