Wednesday, December 12, 2018

*EXCERPT* Melt by Lisa Carlisle





NEW ~ 99¢ SALE ~ FR*EE in KU


Step into Vamps and discover a thrilling new world of steamy paranormal romance featuring sexy shifters, thirsty vampires, passionate witches, and gorgeous gargoyles!



 

~ EXCERPT ~ 


It was him. Looking amazing in a black leather jacket.
Holy shit. He was here. My gym crush. All that adrenaline that had pumped through me moments before while dealing with the pushy jerks vanished.
In all the times I’d come here, dressed in miniscule outfits, never had I felt so exposed. I wished I wasn’t wearing such a tight laced-up black leather dress that exposed a lot of cleavage.
He was sitting on one of the dark-red leather stools, facing the crowd. I caught his eye and turned away. Those ice-blue eyes were so penetrating. Each time I’d met his gaze at the rock climbing gym, I’d have the same reaction, averted his gaze.
Why didn’t I have the guts to converse beyond simple hellos? He was just another guy, so why did he have that effect upon me? There were tons of hot guys with jacked bodies at the gym. This one—only this one—made me react this way, like a turntable that had gotten stuck. Something about him was different, putting him far out of my league.
My palms heated and I grew aware of the sound of my heartbeat despite the reverberation of the pounding bass around us.
“I know you from the gym, don’t I?”
Oh God. Whenever I heard that sultry voice and the accent, I trembled slightly inside. Was there anything sexier than a French accent? During my brief semester in the south of France my junior year of college, I was in a constant state of sexual arousal with sounds of the language all around me. Especially when purred by hot men.
I opened my mouth to answer, but nothing came out. Maya elbowed me.
“Ye-yes,” I stammered, trying to sound nonchalant. “I go to Rock Hard Climbing. I’ve, uh, seen you there. You belayed me once.”
His eyes gleamed. “I remember.”
“I’ll catch up with you later.” Maya scooted to an empty spot at the other end of the red-and-black-marbled bar.
Damn it. How could she leave me alone with him? She must have figured out he was the guy I drooled about when I clammed up like an idiot.
I stared at Maya as she scanned the crowd on the dance floor, shooting invisible daggers at her back. I’m going to kill her later.
In all those months fantasizing about this guy, never did I think it would start as awkward as this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment